My first official trip after being stuck at home for months was to Guadalajara, Mexico. I was so amazed to find out how much of a foodie town this place was. I genuinely don’t think I could visit each restaurant even if I lived there! It was a really nice outing after being stuck in my apartment, and I enjoyed every single place we went to. I was honestly super overwhelmed as to how many recommendations there was but definitely was able to make a mini dent on the list. Here are the places I visited and the Airbnb I stayed at for $21 a night.
- Bruna– Modern Mexican Gastronomy
This place blew it out of the water and it was actually the first place we visited. Everything we had here was absolutely amazing! Plus the whole atmosphere was absolutely breath taking! I would say this is a Guadalajara MUST.
We had the prettiest cocktails that were more than just a cocktail. It was a complete experience as they prepared each cocktail in front of our eyes.
The craziest thing we had here was this Deconstructed Arroz Con Leche. It had all the flavors of arroz con leche but with a twist that was inevitable to stop eating.
2. Naya Cocina De Puerto: If you are craving fresh seafood, this is the place to go! We had an aguachile and a ceviche, and although I was starving I got so full guys! It was so much food and all of this was about $30. Say what?
3. Pigs and Pearls: For a quick burger bite this is the place to go. It was recommended to me by one of my fellow bloggers and it did not disappoint. The burger was filled with different herbs, and its definitely one of the juiciest burgers I’ve had in awhile. I got the regular Maple burger that of course, was wrapped in Maple bacon. I loved the flavor but I would probably get a regular burger next time since I dont love bacon that isn’t completely crispy. Other than that, as a burger connoisseur you have to stop here while in Guadalajara.
4. Nohm-cha: If you’re feeling thirsty this boba tea spot really went hard. We actually came here 2 different times because their drinks were so refreshing. Also the aesthetics are on so point and its up the street from Pigs and Pearls.
5. Fitzroy Espresso– My favorite place for coffee was definitely here. The had the most amazing coffee, literally made me think I was in New York. Plus, they had really good food and it was a very big place and had many different seating everywhere. How cute was their iced latte?
6. Piggy Back: Okay, if you dont come here for breakfast you seriously will be missing out. This is a pastel bloggers dream. I absolutely loved this place! It was so colorful and had really good food! We had their homemade cinnamon roll, corn tamales, and white chilaquiles! WHITE chilaquiles! We had never had that before, so because of it I give this place a 10/10.
Even Peppa enjoyed it.
Now this was our Airbnb that we stayed at for 3 nights. It is actually a hostel but we were the only ones there those nights, plus we got our own bedroom upstairs with our own private bathroom. This place is super clean and cute, definitely has alot of photo ops.
This was the kitchen that was fully equipped, and would be perfect for a morning coffee with friends.
Hope you guys make it out to Guadalajara! We really didn’t even scratch the surface of all there is to do! There are a lot of smaller towns around there including the famous Tlaquepaque! We ended up going there on our last day super quick but wished we had had time to explore it more! Where to next?